Monday, March 21, 2011

Affaires Nomades

Affaires Nomades (Nomadic Things), comes from my fascination for the ever-changing moments of life. Although a home symbolizes stability, I want to explore the idea that it can also reflect change. Therefore, my work is about a search for decor, which reflects this ephemeral nature. I like small furniture so I can easily move it to where I think it is best suited at that given time. I like to work with fabrics that I can transform into cushions and pillowcases. I want a home that feels organic; it changes as the person who lives in it changes.


My collection called "Fragments" is centered on the concept of the "sham" of material — transforming linen to appear as denim or wool. When people handle my pillows, I watch for their moment of textile revelation.



I give my pillows a name, in order to make you find new associations. As in the case of paintings in a gallery, we're encouraged to consider something else besides the object before us.


Apart from nature, ruins and unfinished buildings appeal to me in particular. I like the feeling that we always have more room for our imagination.



fs_nomad_3.jpg
fs_nomad_2.jpg
fs_nomad_1.jpg



Article from Etsy - here.

No comments:

Post a Comment